Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Dice Mix
I just recently did a major studio over-haul. New PC, DAW, Plugins, Building and other misc hardware. I needed some live music to test out the new setup. Doing a google search for such brought me to Cambridge Music. After listening to several songs i found your groups to be my best candidate. It gave me a sense of several different genre types i will be encountering in the following months. I really enjoyed the song.

A few stinks i had:
1. Getting the Lead vocals to set well in the mix. Not that the vocalist was bad but perhaps it was the environment, mic or simply mic placement in the room that is making it difficult to find a nice hovering point for the vocals in the mix.
2. The backup vocals..... I understand what was trying to be achieved but they were really really off key/flat. I was able to do some pitch correction/vocal correction and they really didn't turn out bad in my opinion.
3. Drum recording gets an 8.5/10 Smile. overheads sounded great as did the room mics. the snare mic needed a little work pre-capture but it really wasn't bad. Same with kick mic. This may be due to a room issue or mic placement. But all was fine in the end i feel.

Guys again i really enjoyed the song. I hope that in the future you post more of your music on here. I would really love to have the chance to work/practice on some other material for you and for me aswell.

Please let me know your thoughts on what i've done. Im looking forward to your thoughts! Smile

Take Care

Nayt Maines

.mp3    Lead Inc - The Dice - Final Mix - Nayt Maines 2016.mp3 --  (Download: 13.87 MB)

Messages In This Thread
The Dice Mix - by NaytMaines - 21-03-2016, 02:10 AM
RE: The Dice Mix - by Shul - 21-03-2016, 03:59 AM
RE: The Dice Mix - by wurstdrummer - 21-03-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: The Dice Mix - by AmazingGato - 22-03-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: The Dice Mix - by patrick1977 - 22-03-2016, 11:30 PM