Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Justin Myles - Shortened arrangement (mix now posted)
This poster is my favorite "decision maker" in the forum.. on this song, I considered working on it and determined it would need a major revamp/arrangement for me to feel comfortable with it's outcome.. If it was presented as it is here, I would have likely considered maybe doing the Melodyne work the vocals need.. and to do the Melodyne work, I would have to bring in my keyboard buddy to go in note-for-note and for a educational gig, there's just simply no time..

My old mentor shocked me when he revealed how many of the hit songs he was the mixer of should have also included a production credit with all of the silent production moves he did to the songs to make them hit.. This song IMO needs that kind of extended work.

So far my most prefered version handling the song mood and drum parts that sticks out for me as the challenge to find consistency. More so additional production than just "mixing"
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justin Myles - Shortened arrangement (mix now posted) - by Digitaldruglord - 16-03-2016, 05:11 PM