Poll: How good is this mix?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Really, really bad
0%
0 0%
A little less bad, but still bad
0%
0 0%
Not so bad at all
0%
0 0%
More okay then bad
11.76%
2 11.76%
Okay with some bad stuff
29.41%
5 29.41%
It's okay. Really.
58.82%
10 58.82%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bannockburn - a black metal moshfest (NEW MIX / UPDATE March 2017)
Hey Blitzz, just had a listen to your mix and it sounds great. I like the fact that the bass is actually audible in the mix and the kick has some thump to it, although I think the bass is fighting with the kick and muddying up the kick. The kick in my opinion needs some 3-5 kHz and less 300-400 Hz for it to really make it gel with the bass.

The lead vocals are nice and in your face even without the double track. I'm not sure what you did with the Low Lead and High Lead tracks and I really didn't notice them untill I looked at the screen shots from your mix window. The vocal could use that double track just to give it some width and make it seem like the vocals are surrounding the listener in the """choruses""" or throughout the whole track.

The guitar tones are nice and mid heavy like the Immortal track you referenced, maybe a little further back in the mix but still heavy and powerful. What did you use for your rhythm tones, I'm seeing Ezmix but I'm not sure which patches you used for your tone?

Overall this is a great modern black metal mix. Smile
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bannockburn - another very natural mix - but with a typical black metal twist - by dcp10200 - 12-03-2016, 01:16 AM