Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist)
"I feel..." is a subjective assessment.....it's a personal opinion. it has nothing to do with this forum's goal

I disagree with your assessment of this forum. I FEEL it is an artistic forum, not the technical forum you FEEL it to be.

i can express my own needs and wishes without subjective opinion being forced upon me.

Why are you being so defensive. No one is forcing anything on you. They are only expressing their SUBJECTIVE opinion of your work. Giving praise where warranted and criticism, accordingly.

i feel that having the technical competence to achieve those things is an essential prerequisite of being a more useful servant to the artist

In my significant time doing both studio and live sound, the best mixers I've experienced didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it came to the technical aspects of their craft. What they possessed were great ears. Having great technical skills makes you a great assistant or technician. I've watch mixers do things that made the technician inside me cringe, but the musical results were right. Were these dolts wrong? Not at all. They were serving the artist perfectly. And speaking of serving the artist, how does chopping out verses and choruses serve the artist from a technical perspective? That sounds very SUBJECTIVE to me. Stating your reasons for doing it does not make it OBJECTIVE.

so what's your point..and importantly, what does it OBJECTIVELY contribute to my thread and my mix?

Obviously, nothing. The subjective nature of music IS the point. I do not expect anything but subjective opinions from posters in this forum. It is up to me to either interpolate their opinions or to ignore them as pretense or as simple trolls. You have schooled me on MP3s which have improved my posts here and I thank you for that. I would not presume to school you on such technical things. You are head and shoulders above me on those. All I can offer is my SUBJECTIVE opinion of your mixes. You can take them or leave them but that is all I have to offer.

ASK: CAPS are for emphasis.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist) - by ptalbot - 13-03-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist) - by takka360 - 13-03-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist) - by ptalbot - 15-03-2015, 04:08 AM
RE: Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist) - by ptalbot - 26-05-2015, 04:21 PM
RE: Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist) - by dcp10200 - 29-02-2016, 08:01 PM
RE: Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist) - by dcp10200 - 09-03-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist) - by dcp10200 - 09-03-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Patrick T - Blue (Metallurgist) - by Mixinthecloud - 09-03-2016, 02:24 PM