Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Justin Myles - Shortened arrangement (mix now posted)
(08-03-2016, 12:14 PM)The_Metallurgist Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 11:03 AM)mick2015 Wrote: From an arrangement perspective, this edit is quite effective as a pseudo-radio mix (but not mixed, of course!). My only suggestion is that the placement of the backing vocals seems quite odd, as it has completely blanketed the tasteful guitar solo.

i completely agree about the BV's here....i dropped them there following an early impulse. the mix is near finished now, so hopefully when it's posted it will make better sense; i've done rather a lot and advanced the arrangement further, even pitch correcting the LV which i felt was essential - this is a really difficult song to pitch during performance (more so without a song sheet), i wouldn't even brave it in the shower!!

one aspect i'm still not happy about but nevertheless i've gone with...is the intro. it's just a little too quick into the vocal for me. if you drop in laters when the mix is up, i think you'll see what i mean.

thanks for popping in, and especially for suffering the No-mix!
laters,,
BigDave

No worries, Dave. Will be sure to check back on the thread to hear your update. I've just uploaded my mix, keen to get your feedback when you get a chance. I agree that the pitch correction on the LV is definitely needed, alas laziness prevailed in my mix with regard to this LOL.

Cheers,
Mick

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justin Myles - Shortened arrangement - by mick2015 - 08-03-2016, 01:07 PM