Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
That's entertainment......and it was.
thanks for the listen and sharing your thoughts....and especially your room information in the main FAQ, super!

(01-03-2016, 11:46 AM)mange Wrote: The final T, I havn´t checked but I think I just deleted the last one on my mix.

i tried that at the time, but i kept missing it, lol. there's an earlier teee in the song where 'entertainment' has a different pitch but that shouldn't affect the teee. i could try copy/pasting the teee into the end of the song for a hack. perhaps on a rainy day Wink

Quote:Your depth, works great here. Piano on stage in front of the choir. Especially good placement when he is a bit lighter on the keys.
Maybe it sounds a bit empty on audience... what I mean is I would have turned down the room reverb a little bit but it do sound like a natural room to me. I´m pretty sure I too chose a reverb without ER for the same reason as you.

i spent a lot of time on the ambiance trying out different LPF, HPF, shelves, RT60, etc, even different emu's (i settled on 2x EMT140's and 1x EMT250 but that's only part of the story). One thing i found was that taking out the reverb [tail] tended to bring in the room signature captured by the mikes much more than i liked. so, this is what i ended up with....more of a compromise really. i fully get what you mean by the missing audience, they make great acoustic absorbers. but that raises a subjective question as to whether the space is fully occupied and absorbent, for example. i chose to let the reference be my guide on that. however, the reference was highly reverberant....more than i finally decided on in my mix in the end...the ref was just a bit too wet for my taste. in the Real World, the customer is king.

.......if you get the chance, youtube "cliff adams sing something simple" and you'll see what i mean; some have posted broadcasts from the day (the last broadcast was in 2001).

Quote:Interesting choices with automation I think. Turned out well to my ears.

thanks. the Bass boys gave a really nice texture at certain moments in the song. how much this particular part of the automation comes out depends on the speakers....my small boxes don't describe the contrasts as well as the bigger woofers, which is understandable (SPL does its thing too). and in some respects tweeter designs describe the depth differently for the mix overall. but i found the Bass really wanted to step forwards, and by quite a large extent with any gain in their amplitude; it was fun exploring the boundaries.

Quote:I have answered your questions regarding room and some more in Mikes primer thread.

you are a star, cheers for that. very informative. no idea why Mike left it out of your original post, perhaps he was worried about the competition! you've knocked him off the top spot now.....

Quote:Ha, I loved your ident.

it's the best bit, eh? Big Grin Cool Tongue

thanks again.
laters,,
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: That's entertainment......and it was. - by The_Metallurgist - 01-03-2016, 02:24 PM