Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Again another mix of Dark Ride - Piece of Me !
Thank you very much for your help ! Glad you enjoyed that version. I really got into the concept of "less gives you more" there, which worked out pretty well ! It didn't need much indeed but that's what mixing is all about, it's a big sum of tiny details that make a drastic change in the end !

There are loads and loads of things that I need to work on, separation is indeed one of them, but distortion / saturation effects are still pretty mystical to me. I guess I just need to keep doing mixes and mixes again, eventually I'll train my ears and get better !

A question though, that fizz that you still hear, I can't really hear or notice it. So there again I'm wondering if I just need more ear education, or if that added "noise" is in a frequency range that I can't really hear anymore (I have important earing loss in the highs, above 12khz). Could you give me a few clues (I know it's difficult trying to transcript such feeling with words) ?

I've always had issues hearing such effects / issues in a mix. Same goes for saturation. There is this well known idea that adding some "tape saturation" effect on a global mix gives it a nice color (either through a plugin or analog equipment). But, some people tend to be amazed by the differences it makes, even though there are subtle effects, and I can barely hear any changes (unless like in the previous version of my mix for Piece of me, the limiter was hit too hard, and sound got kind of destroyed).

Cheers ! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Again another mix of Dark Ride - Piece of Me ! - by IbanLoL - 17-02-2016, 10:56 AM