Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Again another mix of Dark Ride - Piece of Me !
Hi everybody,

First of all I'm new to this forum, so I'll be looking for an introduction section if there's one. I find the concept of the website absolutely great (sharing multitracks) for people like me who start learning this wonderful craft that is mixing !

So here's my version, I'd like your comments on it ! Especially Blitz', I listened to other mixes of this song in the previous threads, I find what you say always spot on !

To summarize my work quickly: mixed on cubase, exclusively stock and free plugins (but it didn't take much as the tracks are very well recorded).

Mainly compressed the drums (but not the OHs), a little bit of EQ everywhere and I spent most of my time trying to balance volumes for the main things. Finally, did a lot of automation through all the song.

I found everything to be very bright, so most EQ was done to try carving out spaces between instruments and also restore bass/treble balance. The main problem that I had, and I think isn't sorted yet (but I reached my limits in terms of skills) is that I can't seem to get things very separated and sound tighter.

Mixed the song on studio monitors but took it to the car, listened through headphones, other speakers, and came back tweaking things every time.

Hope it won't make you scream ! :p

.mp3    DarkRide - Piece of Me Pre-mix v4.mp3 --  (Download: 4.93 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Again another mix of Dark Ride - Piece of Me ! - by IbanLoL - 11-02-2016, 09:22 PM