Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Radio - You And Me And The Radio (M&F)
(06-02-2016, 07:24 AM)Shul Wrote: Ok then you are compressing on mastering as well. that explains why the drums have that sound in part.

24bit having to do with loudness I agree with you on that. Sound fidelity has to do with sample rate.. The to hand to hand together .. 24bit/96khz .... Music will make a big jump. Its HD TV but in audio.

I used the CLA drum plug on the second snare using the "Zuul" setting which is a bypass setting and I used the verb in there.. The CLA plugs are some of the best I've heard/seen IMO - even in Zuul there's a tone being passed and maybe a default compression even though compression in the plug was turned off.. For instance, with some hardware gear you'll find guys who will pass mixes "through" a unit with no setting just to get the color.. For example I knew of guys that would pass their audio through a MPC 3000 ad/da converters to get the summing effect from it printed on their track giving a distinctive potent sound.. The plugins have evolved to offer this effect too.. On this song I placed the Kramer HLS on each channel following the Console 1 (used only for the "drive" emulation of a SSL 4000 with no eq or compression used in Console 1) with HLS on default and settings not touched... That move adds a pleasant color... The plugins are delivering hardware characteristics.. The bite on the snare is the result of above.. If you listen to the song drop at 2:50 when the snare "rises" in, that's the natural dynamics of the recorded track.. And the leveling on the drum bus allows that kind of nuance to happen going from low to high while stopping the volume from going over a set volume. When that part comes in, it's audible that the drummer is increasing intensity of the snare.. On a Hip Hop or Pop song I would sustain the snare. But on Rock stuff, where there's a drummer giving a performance, the drummer need to shine like everyone else in the band.

Another component affecting what you hear with the snare in the Ampex ATR-102 at 15ips used at the end of the mix stereo bus.. That does have a saturation effect..
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Human Radio - You And Me And The Radio (M&F) - by Digitaldruglord - 06-02-2016, 02:19 PM