Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot - Upper Hand (M&F)
(31-01-2016, 05:08 AM)ptalbot Wrote: I don't want to enter into any pissing contest. But I'm afraid to say that I still feel that your mix is off.
The acoustic guitars are still very harsh sounding, sounds like you've compressed them to death and added too much saturation to them. The drums are also very compressed and the vocals need some levelling.
There is also some low end rumbling during the outro that is making my speakers distort in a bad way.
Of course it's fine to be experimenting, that's what it's all about, but I feat that this waves NX plugin is giving you a distorted perspective, I would try without if I were you.

Anything sounding lesser than this is not within my mix style, but of course I kindly respect your comment. takka360 can deliver his here and show me how the heavy hitters do it.

Note: BTW, there is absolutely no compression used on the gtrs or drums in this mix.. In the real world, a client would use another mixer to find what they're looking for, because a mixer should be confident enough in their ability to deliver "commercial ready" and stand by their work, and if it doesn't work for the client, then it doesn't work for the client, and they find someone else who better fit their project... Smile
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patrick Talbot - Upper Hand (mix only) - by Digitaldruglord - 31-01-2016, 05:20 AM
RE: Patrick Talbot - Upper Hand (M&F) - by Olli H - 09-02-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Patrick Talbot - Upper Hand (M&F) - by Olli H - 10-02-2016, 07:14 AM