Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Wind SpedeMix
Hi there Spede (and Dags !)

So cool to listen to another vesion of this mix ! I've been working too much on this (these... some more songs to come soon!) and it's good to hear fresh things !
Didn't mix it, but mastered the entire album for the soon to be released record.

What i really like : the depth you created with the backing vocals, which was, to my taste, cruely missing in the original mix.
The work you did on lead vocals, which, as you said, should have take you some extra time. I admit it's not that easy to treat a track like this, distorted (intentionally or not? i still don't know, even if the mixer is a friend Wink).

What i find disturbing : maybe the kit is a little too upfront in the mix for such a pop song. The snare above all, is, for me, a little too much present . It's obvious when you listen to it on small speakers at low volume. Maybe, if you have Auratone or equivalent, you'll notice it after a few days resting your hears...

For the rest, well, as you said, it's an easy song to mix as the performance, especially of the drummer (this guy's a metronome ! his name is Julien "Peter Puke" Rousset, playing in many bands and especially one which nams is "Gnô", you should look for it in youtube, it's amazing...), and the two lead singers, who are more than good friends : brilliant performers and songwriters.

Good job Spede ! So nice to hear it "fresh". And Dags, i'm dying to hear what you'll do of this song.

Well guys, i'll post a new song to Mike soon, so you'll be able to remix the entire album month by month.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
The Wind SpedeMix - by Spede - 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: The Wind SpedeMix - by jeremias666 - 01-05-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: The Wind SpedeMix - by Dags - 02-05-2013, 04:19 AM
RE: The Wind SpedeMix - by JohnSmith - 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: The Wind SpedeMix - by Spede - 03-05-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: The Wind SpedeMix - by Dags - 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: The Wind SpedeMix - by Spede - 08-05-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: The Wind SpedeMix - by Dags - 08-05-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: The Wind SpedeMix - by SquareCell - 09-05-2013, 11:09 AM