Poll: Do you want one more song of the Forkupines?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nah, first one sucked for mixing.
2.78%
1 2.78%
Only if it isn't as hard to mix as Semantics!
2.78%
1 2.78%
Yes, I love challenges!
94.44%
34 94.44%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix!
(27-08-2014, 12:55 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm the guy who did the original job on the officially released version of Semantics. I've been looking through the Semantics-related threads and I've seen that many of you seem to have lots of problems with the mix and the song has been described as "a sh*tload of work".
So I'm here to answer any questions about the recording and mixing process and to help as good as I'm able to, but let me tell you that I had to spend way more than 20 hours of work on this one and I'm not a professional sound guy Angel

Basic facts:
Interface: Tascam US-1800
DAW: Logic Pro X
Main plugins: Waves Complete Pack, EZmix, Superior Drummer 2.0 (Kick, Toms have been triggered)
Freeware-Plugins: Lepou Lextac for DI-Guitars with some cab impulses I found on the internet,
Mics:
Rode NT1-A (room and vocals)
some AKG for Overheads,
2x Shure sm57 (Snare Top & Bottom)
some condenser for the hi-hat,
Sennheiser e609 (amped guitars)

Any questions to me.

BTW I have one more song of that band that I could provide here but let me tell you that it has even more tracks and is a lot more difficult to mix, let me know if you'd like to have it here Rolleyes

This is a heck of a well arranged, recorded, and produced song.. I listen to the official version and know how I hear my version of it.. But.. The high level of attention needed to actually mix this one moves from "practice" to a "job" lol.. But it's cool you guys made this available because if anyone wants to know what it would be like to work with A+ caliber material, this one is it...

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix! - by Digitaldruglord - 16-01-2016, 05:33 PM