Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Neon Hornet: Take it off Mix
(08-01-2016, 01:10 AM)loweche6 Wrote: I went for the same gritty bass sound in my first mix, I think it worked well, then for some reason I ditched it in my next 2 mixes.

I think you can get a little more out of the toms in terms of punch. Try compressing them a little more than you typically would. Your snare seems a little disconnected during the chorus for some reason.

Yes i do like the grit also on the bass i think it adds to the song.I wish i could of tighten the bass sound up some more tho maybe next time.
The toms where lets just say it a bitch for me i tried everything there was something with the freq of them the bass and kic i just struggled with.AS for the snare sorry not hearing anthing not to say its not there ,but i cant hear it.

(08-01-2016, 01:10 AM)loweche6 Wrote: I think you could do with clearing out some of the low mids from the main Vox to clear it up a touch. There actually seems to be a bit of a low mid build in your mix (listening on some over ear audio technica ew9's so not great for critical listening), so that could clear a decent amount of my issues up,

I know this may seem like I don't like the mix, I do. Your levels are quite good with each other, and your general tones are enjoyable, i just think there's a little bit of gook (not an Asian slander)*gughk?* that needs to be cleared out.

Thanks for the listen i'll poke around a little with span and a eq to as you said get the gunk out some i like it ,Thanks Draper again for the listen!

Draper
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Neon Hornet: Take it off Mix - by jerze - 02-01-2016, 04:30 AM
RE: Neon Hornet: Take it off Mix - by jerze - 08-01-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: Neon Hornet: Take it off Mix - by loweche6 - 08-01-2016, 01:10 AM
RE: Neon Hornet: Take it off Mix - by jerze - 10-01-2016, 05:39 AM