Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First mix posted in quite some time.
Hey pauli, just spent two days mixing this so objectivity is a little difficult. But...this mix has a lot going for it, nice dynamics and blends, and didn't notice the sibilance, I figure vocs like this need to be bright, everything is good but I feel like the drums are letting it down. I agree with Sano re the kick and I see what you were aiming for in your comment, but I think that it and the snare both need some presence in the verses, just sounds a little weak to me, and not sure the snare needs that much room on it, then in the choruses I think the whole kit could come up with the exception of the cymbals, which are too harsh and could def sit behind the gtrs and synths rather than in front while the rest of the kit is getting lost. So maybe increasing the presence and defintion of all the drums would help, while keeping the dynamics? Tricky stuff for sure blending the two kits. Of course there are no rules but I can't help thinking that this genre needs dry, upfront drums. Also there's some clipping/distortion on the snare[?] track, at .42 and 1.32 for example, happens elsewhere too, think some volume automation fixes that. And yeah, multing the bass track is a good idea, the original tracks don't supply what the choruses need. Sorry to be negative, I hate criticising people's mixes, mainly cos I don't know what I'm talking about! I guess I'm just confirming what The Metallurgist already suggested though.

Messages In This Thread
First mix posted in quite some time. - by pauli - 31-12-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: First mix posted in quite some time. - by manuke - 10-01-2016, 04:22 AM