Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix for Nerve 9 - Pray for the Rain
(30-11-2015, 07:09 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Thanks for mixing the track ! That was a cool part with the guitar at the end ! I liked that strategy a lot. A little bit overdriven for my taste, but I will be the pickiest given that I played the guitar Smile just mentioning, as this is what I would tell you if you were mixing it for me. Really creative though - stood out as a highlight.

What I really noticed about your mix was that there seemed to be a lot of lower mid missing - vocals/guitar. It made things sound a little more bright/harsh than they should to my ears. Maybe a monitoring thing - I started using an avantone speaker to help myself with this one. It should be evident though if you flip between your mix and Mike's.

Cheers again - thanks again for sharing and the creativity !

Thomas

Thanks.. yes I guess to remove the boxiness of the instruments I lost the lower frequencies on the way ... I did work a bit more on my mix... heres another one.. Maybe I should have uploaded this version of the mix before..

.mp3    Nerve9_PrayForTheRain (Final Mix Master 2).mp3 --  (Download: 12.74 MB)

Messages In This Thread
RE: My mix for Nerve 9 - Pray for the Rain - by raghav330 - 03-12-2015, 07:57 PM