Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaculate APZX Mix
Hiya APZX

Not having the benefit of listening to other versions of this song for comparison I'm not sure what the other responses are referring to.
I think you have a nice smooth mix going on here. I love how the bass goes waaaay down low - is that part of the multitrack or something you've done to enhance the bottom end?
Maybe the bass is just a tad too loud compared to the rest of the instruments (I also have trouble placing bass at a reasonable level compared to everything else as I want to really feel it tickling the hairs in the back of my cochlea) and the vocals could do with coming up a little.
The vocalist's voice reminds me of Peter Gabriel, so maybe that's how I'm hearing how the song should be mixed. Guess you can't go wrong with aiming for that blend of voice vs instrumentation though Wink

Everything else is very good.
An interesting approach you have taken to turn the drum's buss compression way up for the finale. This would probably work better with the vocals up in level as they become further drowned out but I do like where you're coming from.

Well done for using your creativity in this mix!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!

Messages In This Thread
Immaculate APZX Mix - by APZX - 13-12-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Immaculate APZX Mix - by uzilevi - 15-12-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: Immaculate APZX Mix - by APZX - 16-12-2012, 04:15 AM
RE: Immaculate APZX Mix - by farwaterbsg - 18-04-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Immaculate APZX Mix - by Mike Senior - 18-04-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Immaculate APZX Mix - by Dags - 23-04-2013, 05:36 AM