Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Avalon All I want - voelund
late hearing this, but kicking around the song's thread, spotted your post and took a listen....i was in need of a dynamic mix and knew i'd get one from you Big Grin

nice and punchy too. great work in the low end - clean, devoid of surplus crud giving the song some life. the reverse cymbal at 1:50 hurt though....too much 4kHz for my sensitive ears and i'd personally have rolled off a little more of the treble above 10kHz, for comfort purposes - it's the hat. super separation, neat EQ.

from the edits, i can tell you had fun. yup, there's some scope to bring the BV's up a touch, but there's also some scope for leaving them where they are too. given the sheer monotony of the arrangement between 2:30 and 3:30, i think keeping them relatively low in amplitude and off in the depth field, yet sufficiently present, was a good move - it helped achieve some musical dynamic from the interesting contrast you got from it. good idea.

auditioned with a bookshelf rig, 3inch woofers 'n no tweeters (size isn't everything, they're superb boxes), sitting in the sweet spot.
nice mixing here and subjectively good listening.
i trust life is treating you kind.
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
Avalon All I want - voelund - by Voelund - 18-03-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Avalon All I want - voelund - by jeremias666 - 18-03-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: Avalon All I want - voelund - by takka360 - 19-03-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: Avalon All I want - voelund - by The_Metallurgist - 18-10-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: Avalon All I want - voelund - by Mannakin - 04-12-2015, 06:50 AM