Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first mix - Never Say Goodbye
Hi, I would have liked to produce this result as my first mix ever.

Daring some INITIAL suggestions based on a couple of runs on headphones:
- it looks to me that the kick is a tad louder than bass. I would suggest to review this balance (vol down or compression on kick - or vol up on double bass - I would do adjust a little of both). Kick vol down brings dow the drumset that is also a little loud.
- I'm not sure I can hear correctly but there's some resonance on one of the toms that may be notched (120Hz?)
- I would bring up a tad the string fills that get lost in some essential moments (for example 2:03-2:06)
- while the drumset is pretty dynamic, the lead vox sounds a bit overcompressed
- acoustic guit and lead vox have some extra harshness I would try to smoothen. The vox has some body that can be cranked up that may help making it less teenager-ish.
- a lot is happening in the center and ±30 degrees, I would try to distribute the instruments around the scene

I'm not measuring now but I have the impression the mix should be pushed up a little in loudness. Not sure about the gain structure you were targeting. You may want to get the mix to peak at -3/-4dB at master fader (pre mastering), but not much lower.

my 2 cents that I hope can be of help.
cheers
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland

Messages In This Thread
My first mix - Never Say Goodbye - by DaveNJ - 21-07-2015, 10:29 PM
RE: My first mix - Never Say Goodbye - by Lammy - 22-07-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: My first mix - Never Say Goodbye - by DaveNJ - 22-07-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: My first mix - Never Say Goodbye - by DaveNJ - 23-07-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: My first mix - Never Say Goodbye - by Lammy - 23-07-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: My first mix - Never Say Goodbye - by DaveNJ - 25-07-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: My first mix - Never Say Goodbye - by Lammy - 03-08-2015, 07:51 PM