Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bravestar - The Metallurgist's "Tragedy" Mix.
Hey, thanks for the reply... it mostly confirms what I generally believed based upon what I know. I always dither and understand the truncation issue (in layman's, not academically), but I've been using the dither that comes bundled with my DAW... is that likely to effect the outcome for the worse? I've heard of people spending hundreds of dollars on dithering programs.... if I had access to that kinda tech I'd do a null test, but alas Undecided

Quote:not many people will be using high resolution monitors or a decent hi-fi setup; such enthusiasts are in the minority, but the fact that some will be shouldn't be over looked in a lossless audio presentation.

I agree wholeheartedly... unfortunately I'm shooting at an invisible target until budget allows better equipment, but that's in the works always. It's a slow process Tongue

Quote: one regular forum participant actually condemns quality and has derided and even ridiculed some of my views in that regard. don't ask me why Undecided

That's kinda bizarre, since we're here to learn, ostensibly...

Can't help anyone who doesn't want to be helped, though.

Quote:music based forums do one thing extremely well in my opinion - they help perpetuate myths.

Yep... it's hard to know what to believe when you're just getting started... It's making me skeptical of almost everything. Thanks for the Bob Katz suggestion, I'll add that to the reading list.

Thanks again, that's a big help.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bravestar - The Metallurgist's "Tragedy" Mix. - by pauli - 24-06-2015, 08:55 PM