Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Much Too Much - Dags mix (Sorry in advance for the long rambles - sheesh!)
Excellent! Though I'm not an e-subscriber (talk to work about giving me more $ so I can afford some luxuries) there was enough info on the limited access SOS article to give me some direction. I'll have to wait until next month to get access to the full article to see what other goodies are in there....or I'll see if there's still a copy in my local newsagency floating around, which is how I normally get my copies. Just haven't had the money since the arrival of the baby

The secret, folks, was to lower the frequency I had on my HF shelving on the trumpets and trombones to take out more of the direct mic brass overload. (Still some distortion in the recorded material at times though)

I am also using another compressor across the horn section stereo buss sidechained to the vocal to slightly tuck the horns out of the way when the vocalist is singing .

There's also a very low in level 0.6ms 'room' across all instruments (except the room mic channel) to help blend these with the vocal's sense of space.

I have also raised the level of the room mic channel and adjusted the automation of the direct brass instrument channels to compensate.

OK - I'm a little happier with this mix.

Comments and further assistance most welcome!

Dags

.mp3    Much Too Much - Dags mix v2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.09 MB)

So many songs, so little time!

Messages In This Thread
Much Too Much - Dags mix V2 - by Dags - 30-03-2013, 07:50 AM
RE: Much Too Much - Dags mix (help!) - by Dags - 30-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Much Too Much - Dags mix - final! - by Dags - 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: Much Too Much - Dags mix - final! - by Aris - 21-01-2014, 09:45 PM