Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Love is Here to Stay iShouldBsleeping
Sounds natural and balanced to me

Some very minor issues game to my mind:

It feels to me that vox may have a small issue in lower mids here and there. As if you have some plugin to add lower harmonics, and it maybe adds them too much when she’s singing low notes, but just nice in other notes. Just guessing.

Vox feels slightly as if it’s in a too small room. Small (inaudible) delay, some early reflections or small air-boost may help to that problem.

In headphones the stereo effect in guitar bothers me a bit. All the other instruments seem to be in natural space, so it jumps out a as belonging to another mixing strategy. In different context I might consider it just perfect trick.

Sax is lacking a body. You may have too strong eq curves with it.

But I think those were just vvery small problems. I wouldn’t have mentioned them otherwise, but as you asked for them Smile

As I read some of your comments, you seem to have ear and vision for details. I strongly engourage you to get yourself a best possible MIXING headphones. Of course a well treated room with good monitors is a best starting point, but too often a too big step that’s left undone. But best quality mixing headphones is not a big step but it makes a huge difference.

I have also those ATH-M50 headphones, but Im not using them for mixing. They are superb for tracking purposes but not for mixing. They sound very very good, but doesn’t provide you with flat response. Personally I use HD600 for mixing purposes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Love is Here to Stay iShouldBsleeping - by Olli H - 05-06-2015, 12:41 PM