Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Love Is Here to Stay-no compression,no eq,
(01-06-2015, 04:51 PM)Olli H Wrote: Interesting mix. Very smooth and elegant. I have not much to add to this.

Some words here and there might benefit of automation. FOr example around 1.03 ”love is here”

As I’m listening withe headphones, there’s some distrubing stereo movement. Maybe it’s caused by guitar in the right ear. Maybe guitarist could join the band and leave the foreground to singer. If you just could glue the bottom under 200 hz of so to mono in master channel, that alone might fix that problem.

I do always a pluginless mix first. And it’s fun (or frustrating) to notice that quite often the plugins made the mix worse. It happened couple of times to me while mixing this song. When i thought I was ready with my ultimate Doris Day sound, I happen to check it against my rough mix - just to notice I have ruined the whole vox sound.
I agree think it maybe the guitar too, as you know sometimes I usually go to extremes with plugins and processing will try not to with version 2 ,I think I only have Doris Day on Record good idea for a reference and inspiration.
Thanks for having a listen Olli Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Love Is Here to Stay-no compression,no eq, - by thedon - 02-06-2015, 07:49 AM