Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WWMBD: What would Michael Brauer do?
Hey guys... mostly a lurker here... thought I'd add my 2 cents on the track.

The guitars are pretty bad right out of the box. Sounded to me like they used an amp sim plugin but forgot/didn't bother to use cabinet emulation. So... I used RedWirez mixIR2 with some Boogie 4x12 impulses and it dramatically helped the tone. Takes the tracks from having to spend ages trying to fix them with EQ, to just tweaking the odd frequency here n' there.

EDIT: For the sake of dovetailing in with the point of the OP... I always mix using multiple buses with compression. For example on this track, I had a drum bus, a bus for rhythm guitars and a bus for the vocals. They all get compressed (as needed of course) and fed to a "mix bus" that does a bit of overall shaping, before being fed to the master output. If I'm running a rough mix and want to do a quick "master" on it, I'll drop whatever is required on the master output and bounce from there.

Note: Mix is definitely not in a finished state... just ran this as a demo of the guitars.

Cheers!

B.

.mp3    Haunted Age - opening.mp3 --  (Download: 1.19 MB)

Messages In This Thread
WWMBD: What would Michael Brauer do? - by pauli - 17-05-2015, 04:22 AM
RE: WWMBD: What would Michael Brauer do? - by BlairHall1974 - 23-05-2015, 09:55 PM