Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations - Matt's Mix
Hey, thanks for listening, really appreciate it.

A few points:
- the low end distortion you're hearing is probably due to the parallel (and distorted) bass channel, which I've backed off and reduced the saturation.

- the snare is electronic, it's a (not great) sample from Logic. I don't have quality drum samples available, I'm looking at getting NI Komplete soon which includes studio drummer, which would be far superior to what I have currently. However, I realised that the snare was triggering quite a lot in response to kick or hihat hits, so I've gone back in and cleaned all those up which helps a lot.

- automated the panning on guitar 2 to bring the solo into the centre - now means there isn't anything balancing guitar 1 on the right for that time, but I think you're right, it makes more sense to go that way.

- I didn't use Vitamin on vox or guitars, just EQ. Have backed off the top end just a shade. I did use Vitamin to add a tiny boost to the top end at mastering but I've ditched that as well.

- Not sure what the issue was you were hearing with master buss compression as it was doing about 1dB GR - however have tweaked the ratio down a touch, and also backed off the FG-X at mastering. It's now -12 LUFS, -14dB RMS average across the whole track.

All in all, a bunch of quite small changes but I think it's improved - thanks again for the input.

Cheers

Matt

.mp3    Revelations Matt\'s mix v3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.55 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Revelations - Matt's Mix - by londonmatt - 21-05-2015, 09:44 PM
RE: Revelations - Matt's Mix - by drFiend - 22-05-2015, 12:07 AM
RE: Revelations - Matt's Mix - by londonmatt - 22-05-2015, 10:15 AM
RE: Revelations - Matt's Mix - by drFiend - 22-05-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: Revelations - Matt's Mix - by pauli - 23-05-2015, 03:05 AM
RE: Revelations - Matt's Mix - by Mixinthecloud - 30-06-2015, 12:13 AM
RE: Revelations - Matt's Mix - by PeterEkberg - 08-07-2015, 08:18 PM
RE: Revelations - Matt's Mix - by Dangerous - 23-08-2015, 01:49 AM
RE: Revelations - Matt's Mix - by Laurence Bush - 10-11-2015, 08:12 PM