Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Actions - Devil's Word (Christian Semilla's Mix)
Hi Christian.

I think that you managed to get good separation and decent balance in your mix. I like that you've not buried her vocals and that they really stand out (without sticking out) as, for me, this is the focus of the song.

The main criticism I have is that it feels that you've chased loudness and crushed a lot of the dynamics out. I'm pretty sure that I can hear some unwanted distortion in the louder parts of the vocals.

Couple other things are that I feel that the kick drum is lost in the mix. It has no weight behind it. Needs to compliment that snare (which you've got a decent sound on) to give the track it's rhythm.

For the part in the song where she is singing with just a single guitar behind her (2:22), I'd recommend automating the vocal level down to match the quieter instrumentation. If you listen to that section as it is, when it goes in to what should be the "big climax" (final chorus) and everything should get bigger, her vocal actually goes down in volume so the pay off isn't there.

Overall, I feel that you've gotten more right than wrong so well done on your work so far Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Actions - Devil's Word (Christian Semilla's Mix) - by VinayJD - 13-05-2015, 11:00 AM