Poll: Do you want one more song of the Forkupines?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nah, first one sucked for mixing.
2.78%
1 2.78%
Only if it isn't as hard to mix as Semantics!
2.78%
1 2.78%
Yes, I love challenges!
94.44%
34 94.44%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix!
Good news everyone (shoutout to all Futurama fans here) - we just finished tracking the new EP of the Forkupines.
This time we got some really good material. The band visited a professional studio for drum tracking and we spent more time with amp microphone placement, used some decent mics for vocals etc (for example shure sm7 and AKG Perception Tube 800).
I'll provide both microphone signals of snare, kick and toms, and trigger signals (but as audio tracks so you can use them for compressors, gates or to replace the mic signals with samples).
I'm not using flex time this time so there will be no phase issues this time. All editing is done "manually" and I'm trying to work as clean as I can.
Not spoiling much more, but there will be six tracks on the EP of which at least one will be uploaded here and (depending of your feedback) maybe more.

As far as I can say you'll get:
-Two guitar signals (different microphones and placements) for each guitar line (Sennheiser e609 and shure sm57) through an Orange AD30 and a DV Mark C412 cab,
-Two bass guitar signals (DI and Amped with the band's preferred sound),
drums:
-two overheads, two room mics, one ambient mic, one "mess"mic (I'll say more to that later), Hat, Ride, Kick in/out, Toms (2), Snare, additional acoustic trigger signal of toms, snare and kick.

No internal tempo changes during a song. On some songs the metrum changes but you'll be safe if you set your click to 1/4 with the given tempo.
Stay tuned! As soon as the mastering is done and the band released the EP you guys will be the first to get the tracks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix! - by wurstdrummer - 12-05-2015, 01:04 PM