Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Great song, great shouter, good riffs - was a blast to mix =)
Re: buss concept- there are definitely certain genres/situations where that 4 buss makes a lot of sense to me, but even then it means a complete paradigm shift. Mostly my brain likes to group things with cold, unmusical logic... buss the drums together, buss vocal stereo pairs together, buss guitars together... more for organizational/session management reasons than anything else, so sending something as musically important as the bass to two different busses makes my head spin just thinking about it. In theory it's beautiful, because something like a fader ride into the buss compressors would create level interactions on both the guitars and drums that are completely independent of eachother... seems like it could get out of hand really quickly, but it's clearly working for you Smile

Not too long ago it occurred to me that I was using more corrective EQ than would be necessary if I compressed/saturated more, and it's dawning on me more and more that saturation is the key to a lot of the geese I've been chasing.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great song, great shouter, good riffs - was a blast to mix =) - by pauli - 27-04-2015, 11:11 PM