Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino on the Loose - 'Queens Light' EL mix
Hi Xabi, thanks for the 'constructives'.

I'll also talk about the post on your thread where you talked about 'long term dynamics'.

You are so right there, your careful automation has really paid off as well. This is another thing that makes your mix really good.

RE- Drums, well I guess I might dig around for some kick samples I can layer but that's another day.

The thing is, if I'm doing a 'V2' mix, I'm really going to go further into my ideas for this song.

Maybe you noticed how I had the 'cheesy' synth lead line up a LOT higher than your or most other mixes. I put it right centre, but I picked up on the 'beat synced' theme of that other synth line that you mentioned, with tempo synced panning. I put tempo synced LPF on the buzzy or 'cheesy' part to make it more interesting.

So in short, my next version will move further away from 'straight' and more into beat synced effects. Except for the eP and Guitar solos, which I believe should be kept as 'Vintage' as possible.

Cheers,
Hamish

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dino on the Loose - 'Queens Light' EL mix - by electricladyLAN - 21-03-2013, 12:43 AM