Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piece Of Me - Really liked it !
As always I listened to your mix on regular speakers and not on my monitors. Your mix was very bright which is generally not a bad thing. The low end could be beefier, the kick needs more oooomph. The snare sounds really, really weak compared with the rest of the instruments - turn down the bottom mic by 5db and bring the other snare mics up. The sound of the bottom mic is not very important for this song - use automation to bring it up in the bridge but turn it down in all other parts. The toms need to come up - I can barely hear them in the first chorus. Try to reduce the mids and bring them up by 2-3 db.

I don't know if you use parallel compression for the shells of the kit but it would be a cool way to give the whole drumkit more beef. Send the snare mics, kickdrum and toms to a seperate channel and use two compressors: one with a very short attack and medium release, and the other one with a medium attack and quick release. Now bypass one of them and bring the fader up until you can hear the parallel track in your mix. you should aim for 10 db compression on both compressors. now listen to both compressor settings (always bypass the other compressor) and use the setting that sounds better to you. Overall it should make your mix fatter and solve most of the problems with the snare, kick and toms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Piece Of Me - Really liked it ! - by Blitzzz - 06-04-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Piece Of Me - Really liked it ! - by Stickman - 14-04-2015, 08:12 AM