Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Alan Evans Trio_If You Want My Love_mix by Tommy Marcinek
(03-04-2015, 03:34 AM)tjmtruth Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I have almost the same conversation with Patrick Talbot (I've mixed 3 of his songs on here) about the way I love to mix the kick drum. I just LOVE a nice snap on that kick.....love to hear that beater....it's just me. But I realize that I'm mixing for others so I better get that under control :-). As for the reverb on the vocal: I used a convolution reverb with a short decay. That might be what's not sitting right with you. Although, for his type of voice, to me, if felt just right.....he has almost a James Brown kinda of voice. I should have mixed in less of it though. Do you think that's what it might be concerning the reverb?

Tom

I think the reverb has "weird" sound, a some sort of metallic quality which just doesnt seem to fit, and it's level is kind of high. It's like he is singing inside a cargo container or something. Smile I'd go with more classic hall or plate type algorithmic or convolution at a lower level.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alan Evans Trio_If You Want My Love_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by kapu - 03-04-2015, 12:58 PM