Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Alan Evans Trio_If You Want My Love_mix by Tommy Marcinek
(03-04-2015, 01:12 AM)kapu Wrote: Thanks for feedback! I don't think your mix is too bottom heavy, although I have a very limited bass response on my setup. Couple of things I'd do differently: I think there's just a bit too much "snap" on the kick, and the reverb on the vocals doesn't feel right. Otherwise you have great energy and punch going on, especially during the instrumental parts.

Thanks for the feedback. I have almost the same conversation with Patrick Talbot (I've mixed 3 of his songs on here) about the way I love to mix the kick drum. I just LOVE a nice snap on that kick.....love to hear that beater....it's just me. But I realize that I'm mixing for others so I better get that under control :-). As for the reverb on the vocal: I used a convolution reverb with a short decay. That might be what's not sitting right with you. Although, for his type of voice, to me, if felt just right.....he has almost a James Brown kinda of voice. I should have mixed in less of it though. Do you think that's what it might be concerning the reverb?

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alan Evans Trio_If You Want My Love_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 03-04-2015, 03:34 AM