Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
juliets rescue, heartbeats
(19-03-2015, 03:13 PM)ViciousBliss Wrote: There's stuff I like and stuff I don't. Kick is uneven throughout the mix and seems to be overdriven. Vocals could use more clarity, sound too distant. Think the backing vocal tracks could use more compression. The bassier synths could be toned down a bit. Mix does seem limited a bit too much. I like some of the vocal fx. Choruses seem like they were louder but also hitting a limiter too much. Levels are too hot and distorting toward the end of the song. Things seem to fall apart around 3:40. The best thing about this mix is the energy. I think you did a lot better with the simpler parts of the song than the more complex stuff where there's lots of percussion going on. You might want to check out one of the two drumleveler plugs that just got released.

I'm listening on JBL LSR305 monitors in an untreated room direct from the back of the computer, so one has to take that into account. Most professional cds I listen to sound marvelous on here though. I'm not hearing frequencies really out of whack.

Have you done much automation? I think there's some frequencies clashing too. Was the master fader at 0? What kinda plugins did you use?
Hi viciousbliss thanks for your review,I used waves, uad and stock plugins, as you might of guess protools 8 mpowered has no plugin compensation and uad plugins has a lot of latency, iam now in protools 10 which has latency compensation, much better, I also smashed the hell out of it in mastering, bad mistake anyway I will revisit this track soon it will be much better. Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
juliets rescue, heartbeats - by Cudjoe - 11-11-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: juliets rescue, heartbeats - by Cudjoe - 15-11-2014, 10:37 AM
RE: juliets rescue, heartbeats - by Cudjoe - 01-04-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: juliets rescue, heartbeats - by ViciousBliss - 19-03-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: juliets rescue, heartbeats - by Cudjoe - 01-04-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: juliets rescue, heartbeats - by Jason Robayo - 22-08-2016, 04:41 AM
RE: juliets rescue, heartbeats - by Cudjoe - 22-08-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: juliets rescue, heartbeats - by jtbStudio - 14-10-2019, 05:19 PM
RE: juliets rescue, heartbeats - by Cudjoe - 16-10-2019, 05:03 PM