Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pablo Martin - Progressivo 1, El Vuelo (ZX Mix)
Well I have to say you did a great job with the recording overall. Really the only hard thing to mix was the Tuba which was mainly due to some low resonances. Really in comparison to some other stuff I've done the tuba was not all that bad. The thing that stuck out about it was the fact that most everything else fell into place without much issue.

The name or lyrical content of a track typically has influence on me when I mix. The reason being is that if the track is about being underwater then I'm going to treat things very differently than if it is a track about tackling on a huge horde of zombies or something. The mix ideally should reinforce/enhance the idea behind the track. It is up to the mixer and artist to come to an agreement on how this could be achieved. A wetter sound, a dryer sound, a more dynamic sound, a heavier sound, etc . . .. Without the input of the artist a mixer is just left to their own devices which can be good or bad depending on their tastes. Which is where the whole different mixers comes into play. Different mixers have their own tastes and as a result different mixers will put out different sounding mixes. Some mixers are more in line taste wise with yourself and others are not. Not better or worse in of themselves, just different.

Small level adjustments are pretty easy normally. As long as there is no need to go and rebalance an entire track little things like adding more snare or a little more guitar are typically pretty easy. But if you wanted say more "everything" then things get a little complicated as there is probably some very fundamental rework that has to be accomplished and that can take some time. But if you just want a little more snare or little more guitar? Easy stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pablo Martin - Progressivo 1, El Vuelo (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 08-03-2015, 06:20 PM