Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fool_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Not sure which guitar you are talking about. If this is the doubled guitar that is playing the main riff, I don't hear much distortion on this and if there's saturation it's sounding great. The (slightly distorted) that plays the rhythm during the guitar solo are meant to be a bit crunchy so I'm not put off by that. And the lead, well, it's distorted by design Wink
So all in all, no, I don't hear too much crunchiness in these guitars, just listened again and they sound good to me.
BTW, I don't know if you've noticed the various "citations" that I played during the solo, I had great fun integrating well know rock riffs and licks in that solo in slightly off way, to make it sound like a fool playing the blues.
This song really was a joke, from its inception, because I've been inspired by the riff from Deep Purple's 'Burn' song (check it out if you don't know it), but played with jazzy syncopation I thought it was funny, and then the theme came very naturally from that idea. Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fool_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by ptalbot - 06-03-2015, 05:12 AM