Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fool_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek
(05-03-2015, 04:36 AM)ptalbot Wrote: Hey Tom, glad to hear your mix, they are always very creative and different, I like that!
This one makes no exception Smile

I like the general ambience, the vocal treatment and the tightening you've done. One simple thing I noticed that I thought was very welcome was the addition of the distorted chord after the guitar solo, I think it adds a lot.

One thing I'm not convinced about in your mix is the replacement of the bass.
Honestly as much as I like the Scarbee's tone as such an agree it is has a sweet tone, I don't think it fits in the context of this song.
It's much too low and growling to be driving the tune properly. The low notes are overpowering everything in your mix, actually the level of the bass is too much, but even so, I think the tone of that bass is not appropriate here. I much prefer the original one (which is Trillian Studio Bass Brite I think), which is lighter and fits better in this context IMHO.

Apart from that (but it's a biggy!), great tone and nice little touches that are really well done. Cool stuff! Smile

Hey Pat.....thanks for the feedback. After listening to my mix again with fresh ears I have to agree with you about the bass. I think I'll go back in there and use your original bass and see what happens. What's great about you is that you give feedback to everyone and that's very cool. It's almost like YOU are a real client and it's OUR job to make the client happy. :-) Thanks, Pat.

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fool_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 05-03-2015, 01:55 PM