Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Burning Bridges Mix worked on for days
I find that checking on headphones is pretty critical for me because a lot of stuff that sounds tolerable on the monitors is glaringly revealed to be too much on the K701.

I setup the sidechain bus using the dyn compressor on the drums. I think that helped. Then I went back and changed some of the routing. Some video I had seen had said to setup an aux track, you would set the output of all the individual tracks you want to share an effect to the bus going to the aux, and then add aux sends on the individual tracks going to that same bus on top of it. The snare for example would read output bus 1-2 and then have an aux send that said bus 1-2.

So I watched another video and decided to take the first two lead vocals, the first two guitars, and the kick and two snares outputs off their respective fx bus aux and send them direct to the hd 1-2 output. Then I left the same aux sends in place but with minimal volume. So the snare would say output hd 1-2 and aux send bus 1-2.

I think this cleaned up a lot of what I wasn't liking. I bypassed cla vocals and scaled back some fx and changed some others. Tweaked the compressors on the drums. Rewrote the automation for lead vocal two using the mouse and the grabber tool since I haven't got the cash for Wave Rider yet. That thing saves so much time I definitely miss it. I used to spend hours drawing automation in Reaper and the results were never as good as what Wave Rider does. At least PT makes it a lot easier to do the automation by hand.

Consider this just an in progress change, I'm going to spend more time with it later today.

.mp3    Dark Ride_F_8.mp3 --  (Download: 9.05 MB)

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Burning Bridges Mix worked on for days - by ViciousBliss - 02-03-2015, 04:03 PM