Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Burning Bridges Mix worked on for days
(02-03-2015, 03:25 AM)ViciousBliss Wrote: What do you have your HD800s hooked up to?

I use a UAD Apollo Twin and a Centrance DACMini (the first has more natural tonal balance, the second is more precise but a bit harsh with the HD800s). Neither amp probably an ideal match for those headphones. IMHO, mixing on headphones works ok for individual tracks but I can't put together a full mix balance and/or balance the EQ across the full spectrum without speakers.

(02-03-2015, 03:25 AM)ViciousBliss Wrote: This sounds interesting. Is there a good guide? [to sidechaining]

Some FX will let you mix dry/wet, so that's a starting point. But you'll have more control if you send to an AUX and then you can then EQ in (and out) of the effect, add delays, stereo spread etc, and mix/automate the effect and the original to taste.

(02-03-2015, 03:25 AM)ViciousBliss Wrote: [On multing] You mean use a multi band eq to bring them out of the track?

Different concept. Create another audio track, copy and paste only the sections you want to treat differently (specific cymbal crashes in this case). If it's just volume changes then of course you could do it directly with automation instead. However, if its different EQ or effects treatments then multing the audio out provides more control.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Burning Bridges Mix worked on for days - by jeffd42 - 02-03-2015, 03:02 PM