Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAY ME PLAY ME!
Well crumbs, man, this is a thing of beauty. It's late where I live so I'm on the reference headphones, keep that in mind.

First impression is that the arp found in the intro and throughout the track is a teeny bit intrusive and could use a bit more roll off in the upper spectrum. Not too bad, but a little fatiguing for me personally.

Transitions are beautiful, and apart from the slight excess in the high mid to treble (for my taste, I suppose) the spectrum is very well managed. Nice round vocal sound throughout, and the guitar grooves in the verses are exceptional. I feel like there could be a bit more bass, but in my reference cans that's very hard to say... I'll check on my monitors tomorrow.

One thing I'm hearing that could use a but of fine tuning is the occasional instance where vocal reverb is saturating the mix a bit, maybe occupying a little too much space and subjectively slowing down the choruses a bit. From what I can tell, the reverb could benefit from a bit more predelay and a slightly more diffuse decay. Your reverb has this beautiful plate characteristic, but much as expected with a plate, the tail is really dense and could use a bit more "scattering out" if that makes any sense. I love the sound, but I think it's robbing the beat of it's power slightly.

Overall, this is lovely work. Thanks for sharing.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
PLAY ME PLAY ME! - by iShouldBsleeping - 02-03-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: PLAY ME PLAY ME! - by Nos - 02-03-2015, 04:21 AM
RE: PLAY ME PLAY ME! - by pauli - 02-03-2015, 07:24 AM
RE: PLAY ME PLAY ME! - by iShouldBsleeping - 02-03-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: PLAY ME PLAY ME! - by Obelix - 02-03-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: PLAY ME PLAY ME! - by iShouldBsleeping - 03-03-2015, 04:56 AM
RE: PLAY ME PLAY ME! - by jeffd42 - 30-03-2015, 04:29 AM