Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Burning Bridges Mix worked on for days
Cheers mate, thx for sharing your mix with us. I know this sounds rude but after reading your text and listening to your mix my first thought was: You should stop writing and thinking about plugins and actually learn the basics of mixing. You don't need Fabfilter ProQ2, you don't need any of the plugins on your list because no shiny new plugin will make your mix better. I know that situation because I was there too, searching for the magic plugin that would give my mixes the pro touch. The thing is: There is no such plugin. An EQ is an EQ and if you don't know how to use your ears while using it every decision you make will make things worse. Same goes for compression, reverb, delay...

I bet you haven't used any kind of reference track, and I´m sure you won't find any professionally mixed track out there that sounds anything like your mix. That alone should make you think.

My 1st advice: If you want to mix metal you should check this out
http://www.systematicproductions.com/mixing-guide.htm

My 2nd advice:
Delete all the shiny plugins on your list. use the stock plugins from pro tools. learn the basics.

cheers, Blitzzz

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Burning Bridges Mix worked on for days - by Blitzzz - 02-03-2015, 12:43 AM