Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix)
(25-02-2015, 06:13 PM)laurieharrison Wrote: Nice! I think the overall approach has worked well and, you're right, this track definitely needed some arrangement help.

Only thing I really miss is the backing vox in the choruses - I think they're the best thing about the chorus and sound great with a much more prominent position in the mix - the chorus sounds a bit small without them. I also think the drums are maybe a bit quiet and dull sounding in the chorus compared to what you've got in the verse.

As a personal taste thing, I think this song needs more variation and ear candy - little spot FX on the vocals etc, otherwise it risks becoming a bit dreary (but this isn't the kind of music I usually listen to anyway...)

Thx Laurie!

The backing vox are there they just as you say a bit in the back because I didn't want to make distraction from the lead one and also I wanted the synt more prominent to make the choir sound big/wide with it, not with the backing vox, but yea why not add some dB to them Smile

I don't think the drums are quiet in the choir, I think they are big and punchy maybe a bit dull (due the fact I mixed in some cheap headphone I got here at home) but quiet I don't think also because I parallelo my kick and snare to have them "in your face".

Thanks again for taking time to listen and give me your advice it always help Smile

All best

Jacques Moretti

Messages In This Thread
Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix) - by Jacques - 30-12-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix) - by sano - 20-01-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix) - by Jacques - 20-01-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix) - by sano - 21-01-2015, 08:15 PM
RE: Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix) - by Jacques - 17-02-2015, 10:59 PM
RE: Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix) - by Babydoll - 25-02-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix) - by Jacques - 27-02-2015, 08:58 AM