Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot - A reason To Leave (boogie mix)
Hey Boggie, some good things in your mix, some that I would change... (up to you to take it into account! Wink)
I think you've pushed the overheads too much, all I hear during the verses are the cymbals, they are much louder than everything else, guitars and even vocals... I imagine you tried to get a natural sound from the drums but this is really too much. I would first fix that.
Then the contrast with the chorus wouldn't be so drastic when the drums are using hi-hats and no longer the ride and cymbals.
I quite like the guitars, but the rhythm one during the verse is too low. Vocal is fine but I'm missing the bass, it's rather buried. During the chorus in particular I think it should be stronger because it's a big part of the groove.
But for a first attempt, it's fine. Review your levels more than anything and you should be in better shape I think...
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patrick Talbot - A reason To Leave (boogie mix) - by ptalbot - 23-02-2015, 11:11 PM