Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Chudziak: 'Children Of No-one'
Hi there.
I do like this mix you have done.
(I can't wait to start work on this track myself - it's a really good song - but I'm starting out with a different tune to ease my way into this mix forum)

The build is nice (I am reminded of Pink Floyd's 'The Wall part 3') and the stereo effect on the voice really grabs my attention and fills out the soundstage when it kicks in.

Without the benefit of hearing other peoples' interpretations (congratulations, you have my very first post!) or what the original multitracks sound like, I feel that the snare is missing a little 'oomph' which would really suit this style of music. Maybe look for a little boost in the 150 - 250Hz range to give it some more body.

I'd personally have a tendency to bring the vocals a little more out front, but the blend you have created where it is slightly under the level of the driving guitars is also effective.

Something for me to think about when I tackle this tune.

Thanks for sharing your mix with us.....I'll have a listen to a few more before I leave the office (really abysmal internet at home so I can't download the zip files or even stream tracks into my studio!)

Dags

So many songs, so little time!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Chudziak: 'Children Of No-one' - by Dags - 13-03-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Bill Chudziak: 'Children Of No-one' - by Dags - 13-03-2013, 11:11 PM