Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Me Free_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek
That's a great mix Tom!
I really like the creativity you've displayed and there are some excellent things in there.
And no, I don't hate the snare, just think it's a tad too loud in some places, like the intro for example.
But I think it's well balanced overall. Nice treatment of the vocals (and cool extra harmony as well!)

I like what you did to the keys solo, did you enhance the stereo, or did you mult it to treat lows and highs differently?
You've brought up the lows more than I remember they were.

I also like the guitar solo, really cool effect on that? What did you do, it sounds a lot 'rounder', is that some phaser/chorus/transient design or something? I really like that tone, almost like a synth at times.

One thing that I'm not convinced about is the horns, they sound too far away and lack some punch.
I know it's not obvious to use as this is a stereo track, but I did this with NI Session Horns Pro, I didn't have the luxury of a horns section in my living room! Wink

The bass also is lacking a little bit of punch, I would try to make it growl a little more, get back some of the transient and definition, add some saturation to it, something to bring it back up, not in level but in perception.

But it's a great listen already, so thanks for the new perspective on that song, good job.
BTW, if you like this one, you're going to like the new one that I'm just finishing up, will post on Soundcloud soon, stay tuned! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Set Me Free_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by ptalbot - 13-02-2015, 04:09 PM