Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaathaadi - manuke mix
Delays can cloud things, too... maybe take a look at the feedback levels? It'd also be a good idea to look at how any stereo delays are relating to the overall stereo image... if there's a good amount of feedback and the delay is running in stereo, that can cause buildups.

You mentioned you "de-kayed" and that could be what I'm hearing, too... I didn't mess with the vocal transients at all, so it may be that my ears are listening for a crisper attack.

It's odd you mentioned the female vocal felt dull... I think I actually took a little bit of high end off the female vocal to keep it from contrasting with the male vocal overmuch. That peak around 200 you mentioned on the male vocal was something I struggled with too, though. There was a lot of sacrifice in the other instruments to protect the vocal parts Tongue that was the only way I could deal with it. If I have to choose between a beautiful programmed bass and a beautiful lead vocal, usually I'll go with the vocal... it really hurts to cut anything on this bass though, lovely as it is.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by manuke - 09-02-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by pauli - 09-02-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by manuke - 10-02-2015, 05:43 AM
RE: Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by pauli - 11-02-2015, 04:43 AM
RE: Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by manuke - 11-02-2015, 05:18 AM