Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew - What I Want Juanra Ortiz's Mix
I definitely agree with Mange for kick and snare ! The rest of the mix kind of lead them to be much more thicker and open.
Cymbales could be brighter too, trying to avoid the harshness i forgot to take care of in my mix Wink

I also notice that you made a common "mistake", well, not mistake, but a point we usually don't spend time enough when mixing: toms !
Your toms could be much richer and powerful ! like biiiiiiiiiig faaaaaaaaat low tom ..... Smile see what i mean ?
I find myself spending a lot of time on toms now, something i did not when i started mixing years ago... and now, in certain styles of music, it requires our main attention ! it can be so powerfull when the drum fill is well written and played...
I think this is the case here... you should work on the tom's sound a little more ...

Your overall master sound a little agressive in the 2k-3k ... and therefore a little thin in the low end... maybe you could try to re EQ it, very subtle, as mastering EQ is...

Hey, you can also say to me : "damn, this will never end!!!" and i'd be ok with you... sometimes we got to say it's over and good Smile But aren't we here to improve and practice ?

What you could do for your next mix, which i did for Wesley Morgan song, is giving to yoursel like 4 or 6 hours to mix and master a song, and never come back to tweak it ! it's a very good exercise that makes you go to the essential Smile

Have a nice day

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Brew - What I Want Juanra Ortiz's Mix - by JohnSmith - 12-03-2013, 09:20 AM