Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaathaadi - manuke mix
Hey thanks again pauli, great thing about getting detailed feedback like this is that I go back and listen with a fresh perspective. Tbh I'm fine with the male voc but I did re-open the session and have a look at it, nothing happening below 100 but a hefty peak around 200 at times, which maybe clashes with the bass, it had a similar peak, so you may be right. My problems with this mix are two things you mentioned, yeah those strings....made over a dozen cuts trying smooth them out and they still suck, hence their absence during the intro, dunno what else to do except start from scratch and don't think I have the stomach for that. The other is that the female voc does get scratchy esp when it's more exposed. Was aware of that, original track was very dull so I've obviously over compensated. Voc level I'm ok with but you know the score, easy to lose perspective on stuff like that after hearing it so many times so I'll take your word for it but there's no reverb except for one perc track, all delays so maybe the problem lies elsewhere, the main voc tracks are actually relatively dry, and notched out a ton of highs from all the drums/perc/synth tracks too so I don't imagine they're to blame either. Anyway, thanks for confirming my suspicions and once again, giving me stuff to ponder. Really should go back and fix stuff but think I may be done. Cheers mate.

Messages In This Thread
Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by manuke - 09-02-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by pauli - 09-02-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by manuke - 10-02-2015, 05:43 AM
RE: Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by pauli - 11-02-2015, 04:43 AM
RE: Kaathaadi - manuke mix - by manuke - 11-02-2015, 05:18 AM