Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
JazzFusionMix
Hi there again !

Well, job is progressing in the good way !
Listened to it on different monitors and room, and with time to rest... here are my thoughts :

Your kick, compared to bass, might be a little boomy in the 150-250 region and gets kind of blurry sometimes when bass is not slapping (almost all the time then...). I might add a little weight around 80 and deep cut it in this "high lows" region. And maybe add some high mids to it so it's more snappy (maybe 5k...). And turn the whole thing up a few cents of dBs.. maybe 1dB so it matches the bass perfectly.

Well done for the space around drums ! i like it ! One thing i'd like to hear more precisely are all the "fla's" the snare does. Parrallel compression on the snare only should help, and maybe a highly compressed room triggered by a highly compressed snare track should also help making all the nuances jump out ! Tough job yes.. but worth trying i think !
(makes me want to give a shot on this mix ! i'm gonna downoad the tracks right now:p... nice song)

Another little thing, if i may... is that your mix is relatively "mono" .. except drums and solos. I don't know what the tracks are, but maybe you could try to do something with the Hammond, and make it stereo if it's not (like with a Haas delay ...), so it would go back in the mix, on the same perspective than drums maybe, leaving space for the Rhode and the synth.

But let's it be said : it's an overall very good mix ! and it's obvious you worked on it !

Good job. Let's go for a V3 ? Wink

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
JazzFusionMix - by stumac89 - 08-03-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: JazzFusionMix - by JohnSmith - 08-03-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: JazzFusionMix - by stumac89 - 11-03-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: JazzFusionMix - by JohnSmith - 11-03-2013, 03:13 PM
RE: JazzFusionMix - by stumac89 - 11-03-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: JazzFusionMix - by JohnSmith - 11-03-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: JazzFusionMix - by stumac89 - 11-03-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: JazzFusionMix - by JohnSmith - 12-03-2013, 08:58 AM