Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix)
Right so first off. I did not go into heavy edit mode for this track at all. I did do just a tiny bit, but nothing on the level of some of the other folks. With that out of the way.

The initial thing that struck me with this mix was actually the vocals. They're really harsh and very easy to make extremely brittle sounding. I feel mine are on the brittle side. But to me it made sense given the context of the track. Feel free to hate on it because I can certainly think they're too brittle.

The next thing that really struck me was the complete difference in the drums. On the one hand you've got these real drums that actually sound pretty good, which surprised me at first given the vocals and guitars (which for IMO were way too darn bassy). So, to give them more "character" they're run through some simple bit and sample rate reduction. Just giving them some crunch. This was actually a nice thing to do because then I noticed the chorus sections.

The chorus I really just tried to utterly and completely juxtapose it against the verses to give it the most "impact" I could. Also, this part of the song has the most processing of all. The background vox have chorus on them which again I felt was quite befitting to the idea of the track. Additionally, for anyone who has mixed this track no doubt noticed that the last chorus starts off pretty much completely naked and I felt required something to bring it to life or at least make the transition smoother. Rather than do heavy editing I utilized some simple filters sweeps and a couple of other FX to make it drop in. Turned out all right I think.

At this point I really need to take a break from working on the track which means I feel it is time to post it up here.

Rip into it guys. This song seems to generate mixes that people either love or hate.

For those that dislike MP3s here is a link to a 16-bit wav.

.mp3    μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) [lossy].mp3 --  (Download: 6.25 MB)

Messages In This Thread
μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 05-02-2015, 03:49 AM
RE: μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by laurieharrison - 06-02-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 06-02-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by pauli - 07-02-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: μ - Too Bright (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 07-02-2015, 02:38 PM