Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words Mix
(08-03-2013, 10:50 PM)Xabix Wrote: Hi there and welcome to this nice community of pro and amateur mixers !

I'll try to give you my opinion and make it constructive, as i mixed this song either .

First of all, your master is overcompressed. I think you've made a home made mastering, which is a good idea (or a materbus treatement)... but you've overdone it. The lack of dynamics is obvious. Don't go in this "level war" ... it's useless.. if you want it to sound loud, just turn the volume up !
Listen at low volume at 2'17 ... cymbals are crashed... this is an example.

For the rest :
Your mix sounds a little dark, with a lack of high end clarity which you could improve in.... high pass tracks !
First thing i do before starting mixing is listening all the tracks and high pass the ones which don't deserve low end... it clarifies everything and make the decisions easier later on ...

Your lead vocal is way too "low mid present". It feels too loud, but it's not. Level is good, frequency choice is not. I'd cut everything under 150-200hz... and try to brighten it with a high shelf ...

For a first time mixing, you'd try nice effects and automation, it's good

Try to listent to other mixes, even comment mine if you want , and you'll improve fast and constructive !

Keep posting.

Good jon.

Ah, thank you. I actually do highpass the tracks, but I always fear I might be doing too much, apparently it's not enough, hahaha.

Messages In This Thread
Devil's Words Mix - by Enma-Darei - 08-03-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: Devil's Words Mix - by JohnSmith - 08-03-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Devil's Words Mix - by Enma-Darei - 08-03-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Devil's Words Mix - by JohnSmith - 08-03-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Devil's Words Mix - by Enma-Darei - 08-03-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Devil's Words Mix - by JohnSmith - 08-03-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: Devil's Words Mix - by Enma-Darei - 09-03-2013, 03:16 AM