Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Metallurgist does µ's -Too Bright
(18-01-2015, 11:47 AM)thedon Wrote: I 100% agree about the first 10 even a few seconds being crucial i also usually find myself skipping to the next song.
I Don't think I'm Technically ready to attempt this one yet .Just some thoughts While enjoying listening to your mix on my monitors.
I Love the intro with the rhodes effects synth, snare Vocals and bass in the intro and first verse and I actually cranked up the volume
The chorus I had to turn down the volume a touch as the chorus and mainly the vocals sounded a just touch harsh in the mix but i love the snare effects ,
I like how the synth comes up after the chorus at after 01.40 overpowing the vocals a touch.
Great Ending Big Grin !

hi Don,

thanks as always, for dropping by and sharing your thoughts and ob's; your time is greatly appreciated.

the chorus lead vocal was mixed with a different processor to the synth for a contrast in their delivery. i used the Waldorf D-Pole on vox for the distortion, and this thing can be pretty brutal in it's harshness without due care and diligence - i think it should come with a health warning...having just typed that, i think it does!!! lol.

even if your monitors are not on the bright side and you're monitoring at an elevated SPL, i'd expect the vox to sound harsh because the perception of pitch will increase with increasing SPL. what is crucially important is not your monitors so much, but whether you are monitoring at optimum loudness where the ear's non-linear attributes are pretty much evened out, and importantly, in a decent sized room with controlled frequency response? how are you fixed?

Don, feel the fear and come on and mix it! Wink

sorry for the late acknowledgement of your feedback...but i'm struggling with time management so the forum's been taking a back seat lately. should be back to normal soon...whatever normal is.

best regards
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Metallurgist does µ's -Too Bright - by The_Metallurgist - 26-01-2015, 06:19 PM